Friday 13 February 2009

END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME Jack Cook BLOG. ADDRESS http://jack--cook2.blogspot.com/

1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
In this module I have learnt a great deal about using after effects, especially as it was the first time I had used the software. I have attempted to create depth throughout my animations and believe I have done so effectively. I have also learnt a lot about the story boarding process and realised how much it can help the development of a piece. Finally I have also developed my iweb skills having being introduced to It in this module and believe I have a fare grasp of the software although I did come across problems with mp3 files not playing.

2. What approaches to methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
My research consisted mainly of youtube videos and other streaming clips, dvd screen shots and website movie info. All being standard forms of research. As I was working with 2 new programmes throughout the module I found my self constantly researching through trial and error. Testing what was achievable and generally just coming to terms with the software.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I think my original collection of research is one of the strengths of this module, it helped inform my sequence a great deal. I also believe the use of depth in my animation is a strong point and hope to be able to employee these skills in other animation briefs in the future. Finally my final storyboards were an unbelievable help when coming to animating my sequence and I plan to pay the same attention to detail in them from now on.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?
I see the soundtrack of my final sequence as my biggest weakness, finding a song/sound clip to suite was incredibly difficult. I plan to spend more time on the selection of music in the future and may even seek a composer/music technician to help. I also have problems with the pace of my animation, some areas of which could be improved further.
As usual at the end of a brief organisation and time management could always be improved.

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
I intend to develop my ideas from the start further; this should improve any design by making it more informed. I will also seek more professional help when choosing music for any moving image work, In order to improve the mood and pace of my final piece. I will be more organised when coming to file sizes when thinking of design for web in order to save space and also the location of files to decrease the chance of any link problems. Finally I will continuously save as I have lost work a couple of times throughout the module and wish to avoid such frustration in the future.

No comments: